cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Maring, Steve" <Steve_Mar...@tvratings.com>
Subject RE: integrating c2 and struts
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:41:04 GMT
I had similar thoughts, but the deeper I got into C2 the more I reallized
that Struts does not appear to be neccesary.  You already get MVC type
activity with C2 Actions, you get xbeans, you can create taglibs.  What more
do you need?

I originally thought that I was going to have to write my own Generators,
but now I'm not so sure.

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Brisbin [mailto:brisbin@ipa.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 3:22 PM
To: Cocoon-Users@Xml. Apache. Org
Subject: integrating c2 and struts

I've been contemplating using struts as a framework for a new project and
wondered if it would be possible, in your opinion, to use a sitemap pipeline
to use the request or servlet generator to map, say '/whatEver' to gen up a
.jsp page of dynamic xml that would then be xslt'd into
html/wapml/xhtml/soontocomeml??

this method would, of course, not be limited to struts but to any app server
that could generate xml for you...

not interested in writing my own generator because i figure these guys
already written could do the trick (i hope ;-)...if not i'll use straight
xslt, but just really like c2...

thanks for the input!

Jon Brisbin
brisbin@ipa.net