cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Maring, Steve" <Steve_Mar...@tvratings.com>
Subject RE: cocoon1.8 --> cocoon2 migration problems
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:43:45 GMT
Strange, but removing the cocoon2.jar from the system classpath fixed that
problem.  Thanks.

Now Cocoon2 itself is giving me formatted exceptions.  The next one says:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Could not get valid parserNamespace not supported
by SAXParser
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:55)

Was I supposed to do something with JAXP?

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 11:31 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: cocoon1.8 --> cocoon2 migration problems

"Maring, Steve" wrote:

> Well, it turned out that my old cocoon.jar was in my system CLASSPATH.
But
> now I'm getting:
>
> Location: /cocoon/docs/samples/samples.xml
> Internal Servlet Error:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/avalon/logger/AbstractLoggable
>
> But if I look in the avalonapi.jar in the WEB-INF/lib there is most
> certainly an org/apache/avalon/logger/AbstractLoggable there!  Could
avalon
> stuff be hidden in another API?

This is a classloader issue.  For some reason, avalonapi.jar is not being
loaded.  If you have Cocoon in the system classpath, and avalonapi in the
context classpath, you will have problems.  This is because the primordial
classloader or even the system classloader has no way of knowing how to
resolve the avalonapi jar without it being accessible to that classloader.

Cocoon2