cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Magnus.B.Lars...@seb.se
Subject Generating a <PARAM value="dynamic"> tag
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:37:16 GMT
Hi all, this might not be a specefic Cocoon question, if so I'm sorry.

I'm trying to generate a HTML <OBJECT> tag like:

<OBJECT>
 <PARAM VALUE="mms://someserver/some.asf">
</OBJECT>

when I do that like:

<OBJECT>
 <PARAM VALUE="<xsl:value-of select="/page/show/url" />">
</OBJECT>

I get the following error:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The value of attribute "VALUE" must not
contain the '<' character

I've tryed to use <xsl:text>, <xsl:variable> but nothing works, I've even
tryed to add an extra field to my DTD and generating the whole <PARAM> - tag
(desperate)... but then nothing gets generated between the
<object></object>.

Help, anyone?

Thanx,
- Magnus