cocoon-users mailing list archives

From mukesh.jet...@bankofamerica.com
Subject RE:[C1] ESQL Stored procedures
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:56:57 GMT
Hi donald / JP,

I've tried some simple quering on SYBASE with both the [C1.8.2
v1.54]esql.xsl and the [JP v1.68]esql.xsl.
Both seem to work in the same manner for the querying that i'm doing
currently.

We have numerous Stored Procedures which contain calls to other Stored
Procedures.
Esql calls to these procedures return no data.  However,calling SP's which
only contain simple selects
are fine.
Any ideas ?

-Mukesh

-----Original Message-----
From: JP Moresmau [mailto:jp@dol.ie]
Sent: 09 April 2001 13:19
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: esql:results

Mukesh, the current esql does not support stored procedures. What database
are you using? I have modifed the esql.xsl to support them, it hasn't been
approved yet, but I attach the new stylesheet and an example, if you want
to try it. The examples show in, out and return parameters, but you should
be able to return resultsets as well from a database that support returning
result set (not Oracle, since Oracle uses cursor variables, and there seems
to be problems with Sybase as well, a workaround has been found but not
tested...). Drop me a mail if you have any issues!!

JP

At 10:17 09/04/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>On the subject of esql, does anyone have any examples of how to call Stored
>Procedures ?
>
>Thanks
>Mukesh

Notice to recipient:
This e-mail is meant for only the intended recipient of the transmission,
and may be a communication privileged by law. If you received this e-mail in
error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited.

When addressed to our clients any opinions or adviced contained in this
internet e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any
applicable governing terms of business or client engagement letter issued by
Bank of America.

Both Bank of America, N.A and Banc of America Securities Limited are
regulated by The Securities and Futures Authority.