cocoon-users mailing list archives

From skol...@dcsimtech.com
Subject security question
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 01:47:13 GMT
Hello everybody,

the "problem" is that I should have some security on my site. I think of
authentifikation by a username and password and then access rights for
special areas of the site. so far, so good. I started looking arround. I
know have a login form, a jsp to chaeck username and password and a bean to
store weather the user is loged in or not. OK. but that didn't help me,
because I have cocoon-generated html pages on my site. And as far as I know
in html beans can not be used.

What I thinkis, that you can configure tomcat to check those security
things. I've been to the faq but the security section is empty, i've read
the userguide many times but this points I couldn't find. So the questions
are:

1.) How to set up (for example) basic security in tomcat?

2.) Do I need my own login forms, and how would they work together with
tomcat?

3.) Do I have to check somewhere if a user is loged on?

4.) Is there any FAQ or Tutorial about webserver security?

so thanks for reading this, feel free to answer,

Sascha