cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's the equivalent of writing a Producer in C2?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:38:54 GMT
"Maring, Steve" wrote:

> I've been looking at the different generators to get an idea of what
> direction to go in.  The generator() method appears to be what gets called.
> By what, I'm not sure yet.  The FragmentExtractGenerator seems to be close
> to what might be what I'm looking for, but I don't quite understand how it
> is used, or what the contentHandler or lexicalHandler do.

All SitemapComponents (Generator, Transformer, Serializer, Action, Reader)
are called by the Sitemap.  You don't have to worry about _how_ to invoke
them.

As to your questions about ContentHandler and LexicalHandler, I would like
to point you toward the SAX JavaDocs.  They are how XML is communicated
from one component to another.