cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ajai Khattri <a...@palmer.net>
Subject Re: Static content
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:01:26 GMT
Matthew Cordes wrote:

> Sure this is possible, but if you just have xml's and xsl files
> w/o xsp code/java etc, why not just write a java app or shell script
> that uses a perl XSLT parser or even xalan.

Yes, my initial thought was to have a Java app do this. I am also planning to use a
database with a web-based front-end for content and I would prob. want to use
servlets for this too. Im using a Java program to run queries and build a tree of
XML documents. Then a cron job would fire off another script to do the actual
publishing of content in various formats. Since Im planning to use several formats
I would have to loop and publish several trees of documents.

I just wondered if there was a way to get Cocoon to do the static publishing
(multi-format) part of it without me having to write code - just call me lazy ;-)

--
Aj.