cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2 not starting
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:45:04 GMT
JP Moresmau wrote:

> Berin, the trace I put in my initial mail WAS the cocoon.log file. Have I
> turned off some warnings by mistake? Is there a flag somewhere. And yes, I
> have checked the conf files and sitemap in a XML validator, so they are
> fine... One time everything was fine, the next second it all stopped
> working... Ah well, I'll keep looking...

Enough has changed with Cocoon 2 that you might have to clear your repository
before continuing.  Also, Make sure you aren't using a Configuration file
that doesn't match the binary you have.  The Configuration file is approaching
stability, so that won't require too much change in the near future.  There
were two major changes to the way the ComponentManagement framework handles
itself today, and they consequently altered how the ComponentManager
configuration works, or the classes that should be used.

When you get a "Sitemap Handler not Available" error, there are almost always
two sets of stack traces.  The one that tells you that the sitemap handler is
not available, and the one before it.  The one that comes first is usually the
most helpful.