cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please help! Question about request object in C2
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 13:14:00 GMT
David Holsclaw wrote:

> Can I still do something like:
>
> String test = request.getParameter("employee");
>
> in an xsp:expr in Cocoon2? I am using c2 with Tomcat4 on Mac OS X.
>
> I still see request used in some of the examples (forms) that come with
> c2 but they won't run on my machine. I don't know if this is a known
> issue, an install problem? What? A simple xsp page that I wrote also
> fails as soon as I try to add the request object.
>
> I have read all of the cocoon docs that I can find many times but am
> unclear about how much things have changed in C2.

Ok.  Then the examples need to be updated.  The request object was
removed when Cocoon 2 moved to generic Request/Response interfaces. It pretty
much matches the Servlet objects, but the servlet jar does not need
to be in the Classpath for XSP to work anymore.  That move also allows
Cocoon 2 to be embedded in other systems directly.