cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Allen <h...@dial.pipex.com>
Subject Paramters for by xml source and xsl stylesheet
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 08:40:03 GMT
I am developing an XML based web site and currently have it working on
PWS using asp. My problem is I am working on xml file B with stylesheet
B and I want to pass the parameters for xml file A and stylesheet A and
receive back the derived html which is then displayed in another window.
This works fine with asp that I call from javascript using the
appropriate url and attaching the file name parameters to the url.
The asp code is as follows:

<%@ LANGUAGE=JScript %>
<% Response.Buffer = "True"; %>
<%
  var xmlFile = Request.QueryString("fxmli");
 var xslFile = Request.QueryString("fxsli");
     var xmlDocument =
        Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
     var xslDocument =
        Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
       xmlDocument.load(Server.MapPath(xmlFile));
     xslDocument.load(Server.MapPath(xslFile));
     Response.Write(xmlDocument.transformNode(xslDocument));
%>

I am now having to port the site over to Apache/Cocoon and need to use
XSP (I think!) to do the same thing.  I would be grateful for advice on
how to do this. I have read the faq on sending parameters to identify
stylesheets.
Thanks
David Allen
Working to improve the efficiency of News exchange.
Visit our Web Site at  http://www.iptc.org