cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: FP taglig
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:06:41 GMT
"GRUSER, S├ębastien" wrote:

> Hello,
> I try to find other examples of <FP> than the little one that comes with
> Cocoon.
> There are "add" & "edit" example, but "delete" is missing !
> And what about more complicated examples ?

FP really needs an overhaul, you identified the problem areas :)

I'd delve into it, but I am still not quite sure if it is "the right
thing to do". I think we need two things:

1) a programmatic XML editor (some of which FP does)
2) a GUI-based XML editor (which should use the programmatic editor
behind the scenes)

So we need to put some kind of hooks/interfaces/API on top of the
programmatic editor, preferably in a way that an external GUI-based
editor can be used (XMetal or such). If I had had any clue, I'd have
taken a stab at it :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring