cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve Weston <steve.wes...@morse.com>
Subject XInclude and XSP processor problem
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:27:13 GMT
Following on from Ulrich's mail, I am having a similar problem with
including xsp:logic or xsp:expr within an xinclude statement as shown below

<top xmlns:xinclude="  <http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude>
http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
     <whatever xinclude:href="include1.xml" xinclude:parse="xml" />-->
</top>

works fine

but when i try and do the following to include dynamic content it does not
work...

<top xmlns:xinclude="  <http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude>
http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
     <whatever xinclude:href="<xsp:expr>content</xsp:expr>"
xinclude:parse="xml" />-->
</top>

Has anyone come across this problem

Does anybody found anything for this. I am having the same problem. I
want to dynamically generate name of file to be included.
Any help would be really appreciated.
TIA
~S

Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Hello,
>
> please disregard my former posting, I had an outdated version of the
> XInclude processor. With the newest dev snapshot I can put the xinclude
> directive anywhere in the tree, not just as child of the root node.
>
> However, I found another thing. Regard this code:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
>
> <?cocoon-process type="xinclude"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
>
> <xsp:page language="java"
>         xmlns:xsp="  <http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core>
http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core"
>         xmlns:xinclude="  <http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude>
http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
> <page>
>
> <xinclude:include parse="xml" href="something.xml"/>
>
> <xsp:logic>
>         String foo = "it works!";
>         <testingxsp><xsp:expr>foo</xsp:expr></testingxsp>
> </xsp:logic>
>
> </page>
> </xsp:page>
>
> This works fine. But if I switch the order of the PIs, xinclude stops
> working (xsp still does).
>
> Ulrich
>
> --
> Ulrich Mayring
> DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

______________________________
Steve Weston

Internet Developer
Morse Hughes Rae

Tel: +44 (0)1332 600110

DDI: +44 (0) 1332 826146

Mobile: 07970 600879

Fax: +44 (0)1332 826044

Hughes Rae Limited, Lincoln House, Wyvern Business Park, Derby DE21 6LY

This email and any attachments are confidential and are intended only for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this email

and have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
email and then delete it from your system.

Orders are accepted subject to Morse's January 2000 terms and conditions.
Copies are available at  <http://www.morse.com/> www.morse.com

<  <http://www.morse.com/> http://www.morse.com>  and on request.