cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "kodandapani a" <e_wirel...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Responding to different devices from one servlet
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:43:50 GMT
hi
I am using Cocoon1.8. my webserver is Apache with Tomcat as servlet engine. I am facing problem
in sending responses to different devices by using one servlet.
I set the content type as "text/xml".
The problem seems to be solved if I can have different servlets for different devices.
I need to use one servlet to talk to all the devices.
If I use IE 5.0 and Netscape 6.0 as the two devices, because these two have built in parsers,
everything seems to work out fine. But if i use a Wap browser, the problem starts because
it doesn't have a built in parser and it doesn't know what <?xml version="1.0"?> is.
Will someone provide some help.
regards,
e_wireless

http://bol.rediff.com