cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Cordes <mcord...@maine.edu>
Subject Re: Static content
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 00:44:31 GMT
Hi Aj,

Sure this is possible, but if you just have xml's and xsl files
w/o xsp code/java etc, why not just write a java app or shell script
that uses a perl XSLT parser or even xalan.

For pages that require cocoon, I usually make a purely dynamic version
and have a cron that does something like

	lynx -source localhost/cocoon/dynamic_page.xml?param=blah > static.html

wget would also work. You could do this at some interval and have users
view the static pages. Hope this helps.  Feel free to email me directly
if you have more answers as I feel this is slightly OT.

-matt