cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sandor Spruit <san...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re: Syntax of jdbc:mysql mysql connection.
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 10:49:32 GMT

Friedrich,

Don't you need to specify a username/password combination ?

Sandor

On Monday, April 02, 2001, 12:44:54 PM, you wrote:

Friedrich> Greetings all!

Friedrich> I am trying to connect to a mysql database via the following :

Friedrich> <esql:dburl>jdbc:mysql://test.domain.org/cocoontest</esql:dburl>

Friedrich> Do I need to specify the port as well? Also I gather the last section, cocoontest,

Friedrich> would be the database name. Is this correct? As it stands for now it gives me
the
Friedrich> following when I try and access the page making the queries :

Friedrich> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error opening connection to dburl: jdbc:mysql://test.domain.org/cocoontest
Friedrich> at _usr._local._jakarta_tomcat_3_2_1._webapps._cocoon._t.populateDocument(_t.java:174)

Friedrich> If you need more info please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Friedrich> Cheers, Friedrich.

Friedrich> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
Friedrich> FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

Friedrich> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>

--
ir A.G.L. Spruit, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Institute of information and computing sciences