cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sandor Spruit <san...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re[4]: [C1] Detailed question about creating a custom logicsheet
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:34:20 GMT

Christopher,

On Wednesday, April 25, 2001, 5:24:07 PM, you wrote:

paint007> Sandor,

paint007> attached is a trivial example that works on my cocoon setup.
paint007> The taglib (with-esql.greeting.xsl) defines a single
paint007> element. The result of this element is to run an esql query
paint007> and create new elements from that query. The xsp file
paint007> (with-esql.greeting.xml) uses the taglib.  Note that it has
paint007> to declare the namespaces of both the custom taglib and the
paint007> esql namespace, even though it never uses esql directly
paint007> itself. The stylesheet (greeting.xsl) just formats the
paint007> results to html in a simple-minded way.

Thanks for taking the time to provide such a nice explanation :)

paint007> To test this yourself, of course you'll have to replace the
paint007> connection information (I'm using a pool connection)
paint007> appropriately for your environment, and also change the
paint007> query to select from a table you have.
paint007>  Hope this helps!

It certainly did help ! It works :) It turns out that I missed the
xml-logicsheet processing instruction. I was under the impression that
introducing an extra namespace attribute was *always* enough to have
the XSP processor use an extra logicsheet. But ... the one noteworthy
exception is: one logicsheet using another logicsheet (..) Obvious
once you've seen it happen - as always.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Sandor

--
ir A.G.L. Spruit, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Institute of information and computing sciences