cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <ve...@veldy.net>
Subject Scope based variables in XSP?
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:13:55 GMT
Hi.  I am trying to create my new website with a 100% Java/XML framework and
I am using Tomcat 3.2.1 and Cocoon 1.8.2 to do this.  I have run into a
problem that is really nagging me.

In JSP, one can use the "jsp:useBean" tag to create an instance of a bean
and set its scope.

<jsp:useBean id="root" class="my.root.object" scope="session" />

In particular, I want to be able to create such a bean and set its scope in
an XSP page.  I can create the bean alright, but I have not been able to
determine how to set it scope.  It seems to be a page only scope when
created on an XSP.  I am hesitant to write code to store it in the various
implicit objects (i.e. request and response), because it must makes things
more complicated (as compared to the above simple JSP tag).

Please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere, I am new to this list and
to Cocoon.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net