cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Tamim Azizadah" <...@twinmoons.com>
Subject can't get cocoon to work on Jrun, please help!!
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:38:24 GMT
I've been trying to get Cocoon 1.8.2 to run under Jrun but have been
unsuccessful. I have tried all of the suggestions that I have been able to
find, but have still had no luck. When I run the servlet I get the following
error:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception when creating "
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor" :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: See
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-normalize
 at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:124)
 at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:109)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.<init>(Engine.java:179)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:232)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java, Compiled Code)
 at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(JRunServletLoader
.java, Compiled Code)
 at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(JRunServletLoader
.java:190)
 at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServlet(JRunServletLoader.java:17
7)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.getServletReference(JRunSE.java:1267)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled Code)
 at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.jav
a:88)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1131)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:330)
 at allaire.jrun.http.WebEndpoint.run(WebEndpoint.java:107)
 at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
 at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java, Compiled Code)

I am running it on a hosted site so I only have access to the Jrun
Management Console. I have also added the following line in my
local.properties file:

user.javaargs=-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.j
axp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apach
e.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

I don't have access to the global.properties file. Any suggestions would be
appreciated immensely. Thanks much.

Best Regards,

Tamim Azizadah