cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Nuetzel - inglobo" <peter.nuet...@inglobo.de>
Subject [C2]trouble with XInclude
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:05:38 GMT
Hi,

i've checked out a new version of C2 yesterday and experienced some trouble
with XInclude:

my former working XInclude expression didnt work any longer:

  <xinclude:include xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude"
          href="aFile.xml#xpointer(/foo/bar)" parse="xml"/>

examing the logfile I saw that the XInclude tag is automatically
evaluated - but not applying the current official XInclude syntax. Instead
it uses a syntax similar to the sitemap aggregation tag <map:part> as
applied in the sample /docs/samples/xsp/aggregate.xsp.

In my former checkout of Cocoon2 I used the XIncludeTransformer to process
Xinclude. I explicitly applied a xinclude transformation in the sitemap to
do so (...<map:transform type="xinclude"/>...), which was a fine solution
for me. But now Xinclude is automatically processed (which didnt work
appropriately) and the transformer gets no more Xinclude tags :-(

So I have some general questions regarding the sitemap:
- when are special XML tags like XInclude, XSL or XSP are automatically
processed and when do i need to specify their processing in the sitemap
pipeline?
- if those special tags are automatically processed - is there a
possibility to switch it off?

Thanks in advance,

peter