cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Barma" <barma...@naturesoft.net>
Subject Installing Cocoon Problem
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:50:18 GMT
First I checked FAQ sections. Relevant information is not there.

I am getting following error

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception when creating " org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor"
:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: See http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-normalize
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:124)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:109)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.<init>(Engine.java:179)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:232)
 etc..
Warning: this page has been dynamically generated.
Version - Cocoon-1.8.2
            - Tomcat 3.2.1
Same I have installed in Linux, It is working perfectly.  But when I am installing in windows
NT, it prompts with above error.
In my class path on jdk is put, not any other jar files.  The standard procedure I have followed.
1. all *.jar files are copied to tomcat-home/lib directories from cocoon-home/lib & cocoon/bin
directories.
2. tomcat-home/conf/server.xml is added with <context path="/cocoon" docbase="webapps/cocoon"
                                   debug=0 reloadable="true"> </context>
3. copy web.xml to tomact-home/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF from cocoon-home/src/WEB-INF
4. in thi web.xml change /conf/cocoon.properties to /WEB-INF/cocoon.properties
Can you find where I have gone wrong.

Thanks in anticipation of early reply

SN Barma
barma_sn@naturesoft.net