cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Tagunov Anthony" <atagu...@nnt.ru>
Subject Re: util:include + xsp problem
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:19:00 GMT
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:02:15 +0000, JP Moresmau wrote:

>At 22:00 15/03/2001 +0300, Anthony wrote:
>
>><?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
>><?xml-logicsheet href="a.xsl"..?>
>><?xml-logicsheet href="b.xsl"..?>
>>(you may well add emracing <xsp:page>
>>and other xsp code
>>in a.xsl, b.xsl, or put it directly in the source file,
>>as you prefer)
>
>Thanks very much, but in a way this is still breaking the model: I don't
>want any of the content editors to even see a xml-logicsheet instruction, I
>want to manage that relationship somewhere else.

So do i! Hence the discussion of how to _include_ some .xml file
inside <xsp:page>...some..other..stuff..-here-...</xsp:page> was about!
The best we could come up was xsl function document in a logicsheet or
xml external entities

>Coccon 2 has the great  concept of a sitemap,

Yup!

> I'll have to investi1gate if something like this is
>possible but I'm afraid not...

Bad news: XSPGenerator being a generator needs
to be the first one in the pipeline, so you still have
no better way to aggregate xml code _PRIOR_ to
xsp processing.

Good news #1: no <?...?>  (that may confuse content
writers) any more needed in the source document.
Good news #2: there was (still is?)  a plan on XSP 1.1 that
will allow ommiting <xsp:page> around your code.
Then the content writer would be just happy.

>I remember trying the document function but not managing to get a "dynamic"
>path to be build, using parameters or variables in the artual argument to
>document()?

Well, guess it should work, maybe you just tried broken XPath code in your xsl?
Try this again and if it fails do send sources to the list.

>Was I just doing something silly, or is it normal?

I beleive the developers should give there opinion on wether this is good
practice or bad

>In the context of i18n,

Has the new i18n processor been included into 1.8.2 distribution?
Check out there or in the cvs, maybe it will solve your problems!

>being able to call a language-specifc resource file
>for common words that you don't want to repeat in each XML would be handy,
>as I see loads of people are trying to do that.

Why not? "Anything that floats your boat" -- or so the Cocoon developers say ;-)

best regards, Tagunov Anthony