cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Tagunov Anthony" <atagu...@nnt.ru>
Subject Re: util:include + xsp problem
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:00:26 GMT
Yes, it's possible. take your file (pure content) and place the following
processing-instructinos there:

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:27:42 +0000, JP Moresmau wrote:

>Berin wrote:
>>Because once you move to Cocoon 2, your code will no longer be functional.
>>XSP is a Generator (or something that creates XML), and not a Transformer
>>(or something that changes XML).
>>

>I've followed that whole discussion on includes, document() and XSP and now
>I'm totally confused. The model I have in mind and that I'm trying to port
>to Cocoon is having XML pages that have NO XSP or Logicsheets tags in them
>(that is, pure content). Then I'd like to

>process them via XSLT and add xsp code in them,

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?xml-logicsheet href="a.xsl"..?>
<?xml-logicsheet href="b.xsl"..?>
(you may well add emracing <xsp:page>
and other xsp code
in a.xsl, b.xsl, or put it directly in the source file,
as you prefer)

> then process the xsp,

>then transform that output into final
>output.

Make sure that after all your xsl transformations
and running xsp you have

<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
 <?xml-stylesheet href=".." type="text/xsl"?>
instructions there, and there you are

We discussed what if i'm not cofined with
single source .xml file, if we want
to merge in xinclude-style manner files
before appling logicsheet to them.

And _this_ is not currently possible.
It is only possible to do this either by
external entities in the first .xml or
via a logicsheet that actually
inserts data into the document,
either data that is contained in itself