cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Tagunov Anthony" <atagu...@nnt.ru>
Subject Re: util:include + xsp problem
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:27:43 GMT
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 04:11:35 +0000 (UTC), forge@neonics.com wrote:

>try xml.apache.org, soap is somewhere nere there.
>
>Soap is, in my opinion, the same as XML-RPC.
>Its simply HTTP requests with some xml appended.
>Not very useful, since it's only capable of 'GET' and 'POST' request
>types, not able to sustain a connection and let the server generate
>events..
>
>I see no use for it :)

Unfortunantly, or fortunantly, but M$ have put much hopes on SOAP
they even saw it as a replacement for CORBA in there .NET platform
that was targeted at beating Java (they have used some java ideas
there)

So a reason to use SOAP could be breaking into .NET world and
interoperating with M$ software. Is not this great that at least somewhere
we can break the closed circle that M$ is making to make M$ products work
only with M$ products and thus boost up it's "marketing power" (as Stollman
has put it) :-))