cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: stability of 1.8.3-dev?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:44:00 GMT
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Uli Mayring wrote:

> > me?
>
> "You" in the sense of "the cocoon developers".

well, i think it's pretty much robin and i who are paying attention to c1
maintenance issues right now, and neither of us seem to be overflowing
with free time. :)

> > personally, i have very little time to devote to cocoon
> > at the moment, i'd just as soon spend it on things that interest me (esql
> > and berin's new c2 database actions).
>
> In what way do c2 actions differ from XSP taglibs? Is there any
> documentation available?

some in the c2 source tree, some in mailing list archives. they're rather
different than xsp taglibs - you can't nest them per se, their I/O isn't
XML. they seem particularly well suited for doing things which don't
directly result in content output but do affect something behind the
scenes - sending mail, for instance, or updating a database. i only have
the vaguest notion of how they work yet myself.

- donald