cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: stability of 1.8.3-dev?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:24:55 GMT
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Uli Mayring wrote:

> > no - SAXON can operate in DOM mode. basically, as long as you haven't used
> > xalan-specific extensions and aren't relying on xalan improperly
> > processing bad XSLT (yes, there are a _few_ gotchas in xalan), you should
> > be good to go.
>
> You haven't answered the question if you will indeed use Saxon instead of
> Xalan in 1.8.3 :)

me? i don't care to - xalan serves me needs just fine. i ensure that most
of my pages are being served from the cache, so a slower XSLT
transformation is fine with me. those of you who wish to go for extra
speed - please try the SAXON transformer and let us know what you think.
i'd recommend using ab or some other tool to simulate heavy load and see
what shakes out. personally, i have very little time to devote to cocoon
at the moment, i'd just as soon spend it on things that interest me (esql
and berin's new c2 database actions).

- donald