cocoon-users mailing list archives

From paint...@mc.duke.edu
Subject Re: ESQL performance: other alternatives?
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:52:17 GMT

Emilio,

are you certain your performance issues are with ESQL?  I've been using it
against both Sybase and Oracle databases, and my pages are coming back in
under 2 seconds pretty consistently.  I have one query that returns some
670 rows, and the page comes back in under 15 seconds, which is pretty much
the same time it takes to run that query in a query tool.  I had one page
that was taking 4 minutes and had to spend quite a bit of time figuring out
where the problem was.  Ultimately it turned out to be related to some poor
choices I had made with my XSL transformations, not with the query.

One thing that occurs to me, if queries are taking several seconds and you
are doing several queries, are you using pool connections or supplying
login information for each connection?  Pool connections are probably
faster (and they're darn easy, too).

-Christopher

Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org