cocoon-users mailing list archives

From paint...@mc.duke.edu
Subject Re: J2sdk "-server" option degrades (linux)
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:18:15 GMT

Robin,

I couldn't find the documentation you were referring to, at least nothing
that obviously indicates a performance degradation when using Hotspot.  If
anything, I found statement after statement promising that server-side
performance would be increased by using the -server flag to invoke Hotspot.
If you have a URL to the particular document you mean, that might be
helpful.

Does the Cocoon team have a recommendation concerning whether or not to use
the -server flag with Cocoon?  Is performance overall better if we use the
-server flag?  Does it vary based on the types of pages we are serving
(lots of XSP vs. lots of XSLT, etc.)?  On the number of hits?  On...?

-Christopher

Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org