cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Ecmascript
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:55:27 GMT
Yes, someone noticed this recently. ECMAscript and DCP support have now been
removed from Cocoon, because they are old, not working, and no-one seems to
be using them (or to know how to fix them). But we could in theory bring
them back from the dead if there is sufficient interest.

We encourage all server-side dynamic logic to be written in Java instead -
it is faster and more powerful.

Cocoon 2 will support a whole range of languages to be plugged in more
easily as Generators.

You can of course still use ECMAScript on the client side (see the FAQ if
you have problems).