cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with adding web-application
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 22:24:29 GMT
"masb" <masb@evolution.pl> wrote:
>I tried to run cocoon with Tomcat standalone.
>I made every instructions from installation tutorial.
>I still have 404 not found error.
>I made changes in server.xml .
>If i change name of my application dir to examples or test or ROOT it
>works?

Ah, it doesn't matter what you call the application directory, don't worry!

You are probably installing a previous version of Cocoon, which had the
wrong instructions - the person who wrote those Tomcat instructions didn't
realise that "servlets" (or was it "servlet", I can't remember) has a
special meaning to Tomcat, and got confused. Cocoon 1.8.2 has instructions
that work correctly.