cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bentley, Tim" <TIM.BENT...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Central repository for taglibs
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:58:52 GMT
Alternatively, do you need multiple committing accounts?  Since nobody seems
to know how many people are working on/would wish to contribute taglibs,
maybe you can afford to start out with a central figure who does the
committing.  Contributors can email new taglibs or diffs.  Something like
this method would be required for new taglibs anyway, as they'd have to be
checked for conformance and quality.

If this one person gets too swamped, then you'll know you're onto something
and can take appropriate steps.  I tend to follow Uli's way of thinking - I
don't think the critical mass is there yet - but even if that's wrong, I
think sticking the project off on SourceForge or somewhere will guarantee it
dies.  Without high visibility and a perceived closeness to Cocoon, Cocoon
users (especially newer ones, who have their work cut out just figuring out
how to get the thing running) are just going to ignore it.

Just my opinion....

Tim Bentley