cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: content logic and display
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:12:55 GMT
Quoting Sandeep N Kundu <c0kusa@geogr.uni-jena.de>:

> Hello All,
>
> I understand that Cocoon can separate content from display ( xml and XSL
> ).
> What about Logic...so far I have seen examples which embedd logic in the
> XML file. How do we separate logic..can we store our logic in a file
> called .xsp?? if yes then how do we link it to the source xml file?
>
> Any suggestions

Your logic is separated into logicsheets which are separate files using XSL
syntax to transform your original xml document into an xsp document. That's it.
It lead to the following picture:

  your-xml-content --> XSP-Generator --> Transformer --> client
                            A                A
        your-logicsheet-A --+                +-- your-stylesheet
        your-logicsheet-B --+

Giacomo