cocoon-users mailing list archives

From nostah <nos...@poland.com>
Subject Re: esql:get-string problem
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:53:25 GMT
Hello Per,

The "; expected" error message usually means you have to put your xsp
[or whatever] tag [in this case <esql:get-string>] into another to keep
xml well formed. try sth like this:

<esql:results>
  <kredit><esql:get-string column="Kredit"/></kredit>
</esql:results>

this should help.
nst.

PS> Hi

PS> I have the following xml in one of my xml files:

PS> <esql:execute-query>
PS>     <esql:useconnection>sofie_connection</esql:useconnection>
PS>      <esql:query>
PS>         SELECT Kredit FROM ResDataCustomers WHERE UserName=<xsp:expr>...</xsp:expr>
PS>      </esql:query>
PS>      <esql:results><esql:get-string column="Kredit"/></esql:results>
PS> </esql:execute-query>

PS> I get the error message shown below, in my browser when I request the xml. I guess
that it is caused by some Java code generated due the line "<esql:results><esql:get-string
PS> column="Kredit"/></esql:results>". My version of Cocoon (and therefore esql)
is about half a year old, so maby the error has already been corrected.

PS> How do I get rid of the error?
PS> If the answers is "download the latest esql", then my question is: how do I do that?
Is is easy to download the hole Cocoon and install it over my current version, or is it easier
just to