cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Chris Smith <csm...@RespondTV.com>
Subject Best method of inserting xml dynamically
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:06:37 GMT
Howdy,

I'm a newbie to Cocoon but have a lot of xml experience.

I am building an xml app with cocoon which has a container xml document, and
then pulls in external xml files as the content for a page, based on
parameters and session variables.

As in:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

...cocoon processing here....
<xsp:page
  language="java"

<app>
<content>

...pull in external content here based on parameters and session data

</content>

</app>
</xsp:page>

So, I have read the docs on the cocoon site, and there seems to be a number
of different ways of doing this, aka the XMLFragment class or the util expr
tags.

I see what the docs say, but I wanted to know if anyone has done either/or
and which works better.

thanks

chris smith