cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Klaus Drechsler <drechs...@gmx.net>
Subject C2 and applets
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 01:00:04 GMT
*** Sorry, the HTML code was cuted by my mail client ***
*** Here is the mail once again ***

Hi,

how can I use cocoon2 with applets?

In the sitemap I tried the following:

    <map:match pattern="applet/*.class">
                 <map:read src="applets/{1}.class"
mime-type="application/octet-stream"/>
    </map:match>

The pipeline which generates the HTML code is not shown here, but an result
looks like this
(it is only a simple test):

---<html><head>
---<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
---<-title>Applet Test</title>
---</head>
---<body>

---<p align="left">
---<i>
---     Here you can see an java applet or
---     not.
---</i>
---</p>
---<applet code="/cocoon/applet/TicTacToe.class" width="120"
height="120"></applet>
---</body></html>

It looks quite well :-)

The problem is, that the applet is not loading. I only see the box where
the applet shoud be.

BUT if I manually type
"http://127.0.0.1:8080/cocoon/applet/TicTacToe.class" into the browser then
I can download the applet without any problems.

So, could someone show me the right way, how to include applets into my
cocoon applications?

Thanks in advice

bye,
  Klaus