cocoon-users mailing list archives

From skol...@dcsimtech.com
Subject Problems with processing of multiple xml files
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 01:10:01 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'm struggling arround with that for weeks and finaly try it here.

So, I have some huge xml files which can nicely be shown by cocoon. But in
this xml files there is for example a menu comeing up in all of them.
Because cut and paste is not a really nice programming technique I wondered
what to do. So I got that XInclude in mind and tried it.

The XInclude processing works fine. Cocoon sends a nice xml file to the
browser with all the parts I included. But cocoon doesn't build a html file
as it does when I don't use Xinclude. So cocoon only includes the xml files
to be included and then lies about the document type. It puts that doctype
html stuff in the first line but doesn't touch the stylesheet an build
html. I think there must be someone having the same problem. So please, if
you have any idea or any solution, please reply.

Thanks in advance,

Sascha Kolski