cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bruce Altner <balt...@hq.nasa.gov>
Subject RE: Failure to render embedded links
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 14:40:38 GMT
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did see these. None of them does the job.

I think the biggest problem is that the '<' character is forbidden in 
character strings (but not '>', strangely) so whenever I do the 
substitution things croak.

Bruce

At 01:24 AM 03/09/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Bruce,
>
>did you try a solution with the xsl-functions
>contains(), substring_before(), substring_after() and / or translate() ?
>
>See Michael Kay - XSLT Programmer's Reference p 527
>
>Hope it helps.
>
>- Chris
>
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Bruce Altner [mailto:baltner@hq.nasa.gov]
> > Sent: Donnerstag, 8. Marz 2001 17:18
> > To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
> > Subject: Failure to render embedded links
> >
> >
> > I've banged my head against this one long enough and am now
> > asking for help.
> >
> > The data I'm capturing in one of my XML elements has embedded HTML markup
> > in it, e.g., <a href="..."</a> for hyperlinks. This is necessary since
> > these links don't always occur in the same place and it's impossible to
> > break them out into separate <url></url> elements. Using Cocoon
> > this works
> > fine using the XSLT construct <xsl:copy-of select="..."> rather than
> > <xsl:value-of select="..."> and results in active links in the
> > transformed
> > page. Great.
> >
> > However, in the servlet I'm using to edit the content all of the content
> > between "<" and ">" is dropped, so I switched to using  &lt; for "<"
and
> > &gt; for ">".  The editing servlet works fine but now the
> > Cocoon-processed
> > HTML page shows the markup, not the links.
> >
> > I simply want to replace all the &lt;'s with '<' and &gt;'s with '>'
so
> > that my hypertext links will
> > display correctly in the transformed output. So next I wrote and tested a
> > java class to make these substitutions,  calling it as an Xalan extension
> > function. This class file does what it's supposed to do outside
> > of the xsl
> > file but it fails when I try to do the above replacement in the
> > xsl file. I
> > have tried CDATA, defining variables, etc, but nothing
> > works. Any ideas? Should I try a different parser or xslt processor?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bruce
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
> > FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
> >
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
> >
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
>FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
>
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
>For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message