cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bala Sambandam <bala_samban...@yahoo.com>
Subject getInputStream from within XSP page
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:21:49 GMT
Hello,

I can't seem to get POST'ed data from within my XSP page.  GET data
seems to work fine.  My page declaration looks like the following:

<xsp:page
<http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core>
<http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2>
  xmlns:dbutils="http://www.idanim.com/2001/XSP/DBUtils"
<http://www.idanim.com/2001/XSP/DBUtils>
  xmlns:mail="http://apache.org/cocoon/mail/v1"
<http://apache.org/cocoon/mail/v1>
  xmlns:request="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request"
<http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request>

dbutils is just some ESQL add on stuff.

 From within some <xsp:logic> block, if I do things like:

request.getParameter("some.param");
<request:get-paramater name="some.param"/>
// returns nothing when method is post

Hastable data = HttpUtils.parsePostData(
   request.getContentLength(),
   request.getInputStream()
);
// throws short read exception

System.err.println("content length: " + request.getContentLength());
System.err.println("available: " + request.getInputStream().available());
// content length is > 1, available is = 0.

they all seem to respond as if the InputStream is already empty, but I
can't seem to figure out what's reading the data from the InputStream.
Does anybody know what's going on here?  Am I missing something?

I'm running Apache 1.3.12, mod_ssl, mod_jk, Jakarta 3.2.1 and Cocoon
1.8.2 on Linux 6.2.  I've also tried to run Jakarta and Cocoon
standalone, but I get the same behavior.

thanks,
Bala