cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marco Pauck <pa...@wmd.de>
Subject Re: AW: Applying diferente style sheets to different wap browsers
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:26:48 GMT
Hoffmann Thomas wrote:

> thanks for the answers!

Sadly it's not only how WML is *rendered* that makes the difference
but also - far more important - how the browsers *behave*, e.g.
regarding implementation of the WML spec, interaction with the WAP
gateway, caching, cookie handling, etc. ... <sigh>

> But do you have an simulator for each client?

Forget the emulators for real-world development!
You have to test with *real* devices using *real* gateways
- and of course all permutations!

> I know thats Nokia, Ericsson and UP have an own simulator.
> But whats with Motorola, Panasonic, Siemens and so on?
> Or have any clients similar browser implementations?

Motorola, Panasonic, and Siemens use the browser from Phone.com.
Sony uses Microsoft stuff <argh>.

> Eventualy do you have an list?

Have a look at the browser vendors' developer forums.

> So far i have only read books and online-publications over WML.
> I'll begin programming this in near future.

Good luck!
And be strong ... ;-)

	Marco