cocoon-users mailing list archives

From rajku...@orionsci.com (Rajkumar, Joseph)
Subject Re: Jakarta+Cocoon too many processes?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:04:27 GMT
Hi
    Yes, I had the same problem on Linux, but not on Solaris and I was told
that there is nothing I could do, but just ignore the numerous processes on Linux.
I have not seen any performance problems, but having that many processes
does not look good when you do a 'ps', but for now I just ignore it.

Regards
Joseph Rajkumar

GCS wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>  I have Jakarta and Cocoon on my machine. I realized that I have too many
> processes running as
> gcs      16889  0.1  6.7 244860 12784 pts/10 S    18:38   0:00 /usr/local/encap/jdk1.3.0_01/bin/i386/native_threads/java
-Dtomcat.home=/usr/local/jakarta org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat