cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C2 samples ->error message
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:21:18 GMT
thorsten.sommer@realtech.de wrote:

> The C2 samples seemed to work fine on my computer. But then I looked into
> the cocoon.log-File and I saw that an error happend

In your web.xml file there is an init-param named "force-load".  The value
for that refers to any classes that you want Cocoon to load for normal
functioning.  This includes database drivers, protocol handlers, or other
classes that have to be loaded to be used.  The particular class that
was being attempted to be loaded is specific to WebSphere because IBM
has some bugs in its classloader implementation.  You can remove that
entry and it won't affect Cocoon.  Cocoon reports the exception in the
log so that you can determine if unusual behavior can be attributed
to the class not being present.  Cocoon does not stop if the class
cannot be loaded--so you can have one webapp that would work with a
number of different clients.