cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luis Gois <lg...@despodata.pt>
Subject Sharing Cocoon DB pool with servlet
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:03:42 GMT
Hi!
I need to "pop" some blobs out of a database(db). Since I'm using esql
for my queries, when I need to retrieve/insert a blob in the db I'll
leave this to a servlet (for displaying images inlined with text from a
query). Is it possible to make this servlet "turbine-aware" so I could
pass a parameter "myservlet?pool=MyPoolName" when calling the same
servlet to configure it for accessing the db? I've saw the Turbine
version of Ricardo Rocha's XSQL in the Cocoon Documentation but I wasn't
able to successfuly compile my code (mainly because deprecated methods
in turbine (must check versions) and "found: required:"  objects stuff
returned by javac. Where can I get some info about how to do this?
Turbine documentation is difficult for me to understand (JAVA somewhat
newbie here).

Many thanks in advance!!!!

--
Luis A. Gois