cocoon-users mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Koechlin <skoech...@ivision.fr>
Subject Re: XSP : request error
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:29:19 GMT
Caroline Boonen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running Cocoon with Tomcat standalone on Linux Suse 6.4
>
> I'm trying to use request on a xsp page but I've this error when I launch it:
>
> java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _login.java
> 42: Undefined variable or class name: request
>   login = request.getParameter("login");
>           ^
> 44: Undefined variable or class name: request
>   password = request.getParameter("password");
(...)

It's because your XSP page is not valid.

Go into your repository, and look at your _login.java file to see
what is wrong.

Try to guess what you need to change in your XSP page to make
java-code valid.

At this stage, XSP is just a stupid macro-processor (using XSLT).

--
S├ębastien Koechlin - IVision - skoechlin@ivision.fr