cocoon-users mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Koechlin <skoech...@ivision.fr>
Subject Re: &euro; (&#128;) :(
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:27:46 GMT
"Peter C. Verhage" wrote:
> They all seem to work fine, when I use &copy; within my stylesheet or
> document I will see this entity back within the generated HTML page. But
> when I use &euro; I just get a little square (in IE and in NS!) something
> like this: [].

It looks like a character undefined in your font.

> I also tried to change the browser font, this also does no good. When I look
> at the source of the generated page, I will also see the square, if I change
> the square to &euro; myself, save the page locally and look at it locally it
> will show the euro sign, so it's not a browser/font or whatever problem.

I think it is.
Can you tell us your version of Xerces, Cocoon? (/Cocoon.xml)
The java class formatter you are using, the output-encoding,
and first, can you save the generated HTML and read with an hexa
editor or dump the hexadecimal value of this square character ?

--
S├ębastien Koechlin - IVision - skoechlin@ivision.fr