cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon/XSP development tools
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:42:11 GMT
"Piroumian, Konstantin" wrote:

> When I say a visual development tool I mean some kind of an editor (like
> DreamWeaver, FrontPage, etc.) where you can design your page layout with
> drag-n-drop in WYSIWYG manner and add some logic, e.g. from menu:
>     Insert->Use logic sheet...->Choose from available logicsheets.
>     Insert->Java Bean...->Choose a bean class.
>
> Something like that.

You'll want to use XMetal then, it can read an XML Schema file or a DTD
and presents you with a choice of possible tags to insert at the point,
where the cursor currently is. Developing pages with cocoon is just
writing XML tags, not more. And developing logicsheets is programming in
Java and XSLT - non-developers won't want to do that.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung