cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: stability of 1.8.3-dev?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 09:29:07 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Uli Mayring wrote:
>
> some in the c2 source tree, some in mailing list archives. they're rather
> different than xsp taglibs - you can't nest them per se, their I/O isn't
> XML. they seem particularly well suited for doing things which don't
> directly result in content output but do affect something behind the
> scenes - sending mail, for instance, or updating a database. i only have
> the vaguest notion of how they work yet myself.

If it produces no output, it's not worth doing :)

Seriously, no matter what my program does, I'll want some kind of
feedback/output. I need to do error checking, this is not possible
without feedback and I want to send errors to a log file and results to
the screen.

I thought the whole point of XML was to standardize communication and
interfaces?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring