cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Werner Guttmann <Werner.Guttm...@msdw.com>
Subject Re: Unicode characters
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:28:09 GMT
Robin,

here's an excerpt of the trace as produced by Lynx.

Sending HTTP request.
HTTP: WRITE delivered OK
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP: Trying to read 1023
HTTP: Read 321
Read 321 bytes of data.
HTTP: Rx: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
HTTP: Scanned 2 fields from line_buffer
--- Talking HTTP1.
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
HTFormat: Constructing stream stack for www/mime to www/present
HTFormat: Looking up presentation for www/mime to www/present
StreamStack: found weak wildcard match: www/present
FindPresentation: found exact match: www/mime
StreamStack: found exact match: www/mime
HTMIME:  Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Servlet-engine: Tomcat Web Server/3.2.1 (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.2.2; SunOS
5.7 sparc; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.)

The below line

seems to indicate that the response stream is using the UTF-8 character set. I
guess that's what I am looking for, right ?

Btw, I've added an encoding line to my cocoon.properties after reading your
below comment

# HTML 4.0 (strict)
formatter.text/html.doctype-public = -//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN
formatter.text/html.doctype-system = http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd
formatter.text/html.encoding = UTF-8

to make sure that the right character set is picked.

Werner

Robin Green wrote:

> Werner Guttmann <Werner.Guttmann@msdw.com> wrote:
> >Bounced Tomcat,
>
> Sounds painful. Poor kitty. Do you mean restarted? ;)

Well, yes .. ;-). And no, I'd never bounce any kitty ...