cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Werner Guttmann <Werner.Guttm...@msdw.com>
Subject Re: Unicode characters
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 21:41:21 GMT
Hi,

I am just about to change encoding for some XSP pages, too, as I need to
support Janapese clients as well. I followed the instructions below (as
well as the ones provided in cocoon.properties) and made the relevant
changes.

# Default encoding to be used for code generation and
compilation
# If omitted, the platform's default encoding will be
used
# This encoding should also be used in:
#   - The XSP document <?xml?> declaration
#   - The "encoding" configuration property of the
formatter to be used
# Example: Russian uses "Cp1251"
processor.xsp.encoding = UTF-8

and my documents now start with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"/>

Bounced Tomcat, reloaded my application, and then I looked at the output
of a sample page where I show the character encoding of the page via the
<response:get-character-encoding /> element. To my surprise, it still
shows

8859_1

which afair is the Western European encoding. Any idea what's going wrong
?

Thanks
Werner