cocoon-users mailing list archives

From simone cecchini <sim...@kiosco.org>
Subject Re: content logic and display
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:27:41 GMT
At 13:12 3/28/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Quoting Sandeep N Kundu <c0kusa@geogr.uni-jena.de>:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I understand that Cocoon can separate content from display ( xml and XSL
>> ).
>> What about Logic...so far I have seen examples which embedd logic in the
>> XML file. How do we separate logic..can we store our logic in a file
>> called .xsp?? if yes then how do we link it to the source xml file?
>>
>> Any suggestions
>
>Your logic is separated into logicsheets which are separate files using XSL
>syntax to transform your original xml document into an xsp document. That's it.
>It lead to the following picture:
>
>  your-xml-content --> XSP-Generator --> Transformer --> client
>                            A                A
>        your-logicsheet-A --+                +-- your-stylesheet
>        your-logicsheet-B --+
>
>Giacomo

dear giacomo and sandeep,
i have been wondering about this issue since last week.
reading you, i have grasped that i can start from and plain xml file, apply a logicsheet to
it, in order to transform it to an xsp page and than apply a new stylesheet for formatting,
right?
which is the difference between this and applying a stylesheet instead of a logicsheet? (i
know that logicsheets are treated directly by the xsp processor).
how can i do it, using processing instructions?

simone