cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: Difference beetween Logicsheet and stylesheet
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2001 06:05:04 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 02:41:19PM +0200, davide semprini wrote:

> Hi Community,somebody can help me understand the differencebeetween
> logicsheet and stylesheet???? The logicsheet is used to specify
> taglibthat is possible to use ??

logicsheet == taglib, used for adding app logic. Input: XSP, Output: XSP
stylesheet == XSLT, used for formatting output. Input: XSP-produced XML,
Output: HTML, PDF, etc

XSP pages might therefore be called "contentsheets", as they define
content with placeholders for logic-derived output.

I think "logicsheet" is more politically correct, as it emphasises
Cocoon separation of concerns. Since a logicsheet defines a "library of
tags", "taglib" also makes sense.

> Another question:Wieving the schema of the cocoon publishing engine
> ([1]http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/guide.html), somebodycan explain
> better that web guide the function of LOADER?????In in this schema if
> the output of the formatter contains executable codethis code is
> loaded into LOADER throw retroactionthe cached producer merges code
> with document.

Not understanding you here..

> The question is:the document is re processed the 2 times????  tanks
> semprini davide

The userguide[1] explains it pretty well. If you have an XSP page, the
end product is a .class file. This .class file contains bytecode for an
XSPPage class, which implements Producer. The Loader takes the .class
file and loads it into memory. So the process is:

XSP page -> (apply user-defined logicsheets) -> XSP page -> (apply
xsp->java stylesheet) -> .java file -> (javac) -> .class file ->
(Loader) -> Object implementing Producer in memory -> (run the Producer)
-> XML Document.

--Jeff

[1] http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/guide.html