cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: Starting Cocoon Engine
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:44:14 GMT
Cocoon is a big servlet. I think a servlet's init() method is only
called when the servlet is needed, but you can force the init on startup
in your web.xml file. Here's the relevant section from the web.xml DTD
(http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd):

<!--
The load-on-startup element indicates that this servlet should be
loaded on the startup of the web application. The optional contents of
these element must be a positive integer indicating the order in which
the servlet should be loaded. Lower integers are loaded before higher
integers. If no value is specified, or if the value specified is not a
positive integer, the container is free to load it at any time in the
startup sequence.
-->
<!ELEMENT load-on-startup (#PCDATA)>

--Jeff

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 03:59:23PM -0300, Sharath Chandra wrote:
> hi all,
> I am running Cocoon with Tomcat.
> Does Cocoon Engine get initialized at the Startup of Tomcat or when
> the actual request to XML file occurs ??. if so how to configure
> Tomcat to initialize cocoon at startup.  Am i making sense.
> Sharath.

>                                                      I can do all things through  Christ
Jesus who strengthens me.

                                            (Holy Bible)